Cuốn sách Bộ đề luyện thi THPT Quốc gia môn tiếng anh năm 2023 (có đáp án) được biên soạn gồm 396 trang bám sát bộ đề mới nhất của Bộ giáo dục và Đào tạo, nhằm đưa ra các dạng chủ đề câu hỏi để các em luyện tập và làm quen.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined
part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. remedy B. expectancy C. sensor D. renewable
2. A. process B. discussion C. stress D. assistance
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. police B. attract C. signal D. discuss
4. A. purchase B. contain C. suggest D. reflect
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. Dreams are commonly made up of either visual and verbal images.
A B C D
6. John composes not only the music, but also sings the songs for the major Broadway musicals.
A B C D
7. Even on the most careful prepared trip, problems will sometimes develop.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. A new school________. They hope to finish building it next month.
A. is being built B. has been built C. is built D. was built
9. We object ________ your leaving dinner to take phone calls.
A. for B. on C. to D. with
10. This shirt is ________ that one.
A. a bit less expensive B. as much expensive as
C. not nearly as expensive as D. much far expensive than
11. Please take all personal belongings with you ________ leaving the train
A. when B. what C. whom D. which
12. It is still unclear ________ the Mayor will accept the recommendations of the City Council.
A. yet B. about C. before D. whether
13. The PTA ________ parents and teachers who support the school by fund raising and other activities.
A. which group of B. that is a group of
C. it is a group of D. is a group of
14. We are considering having ________ for the coming New Year.
A. redecorated our flat B. to redecorate our flat
C. our flat to be redecorated D. our flat redecorated
15. In Vietnam, two or more ________ may live in a home.
A. generations B. generous C. generalizations D. generators
16. In a formal interview, it is essential to maintain good eye ________ with the interviewers
A. contact B. touch C. link D. connection
17. The small, ________ farms of New England were not appropriate for the Midwest.
A. self-supporting B. self-supported
C. supporting themselves D. they support themselves
18. Too many factories dispose ________ their waste by pumping it into rivers and the sea.
A. out B. of C. away D. off
19. We expected her at nine but she finally ________ at midnight.
A. turned up B. came off C. came to D. turned out
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
20. “Can I carry these suitcases into the room for you?” - “________”
A. You can't, I think! B. No, you can’t.
C. Yes, you can. D. Can you? That’s very kind.
21. A: “I think it is a good idea to have three or four generations living under one roof.
B: “________. Family members can help each other a lot.”
A. It’s not true B. That’s wrong
C. I couldn't agree more D. I don’t agree
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in
meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
22. They are going to suffer a lot of criticism for increasing bus fare by so much.
A. get into B. stand in with C. come in for D. put
23. Roger’s Thesaurus, a collection of English words and phrases, was originally arranged by the ideas they express rather than by alphabetical order.
A. unless B. instead of C. restricted D. as well as
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in
meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
24. “The table is too heavy for me to move alone.”
A. light B. easy C. old D. bulky
25. The breadfruit does well in hot and humid climates.
A. arid B. watery C. soaked D. moist
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
26. We stayed in that hotel despite the noise.
A. Despite the hotel is noisy, we stayed there.
B. We stayed in the noisy hotel and we liked it.
C. No matter how noisy the hotel was, we stayed there.
D. Because of the noise, we stayed in the hotel.
27. Everybody thinks that Frank stole the money.
A. Everyone was suspected to steal Frank’s money.
B. Frank’s money was thought to be stolen.
C. Everyone suspects Frank of stealing the money.
D. Frank suspects everyone of stealing the money.
28. My family doesn’t normally go into town by car.
A. My family is used to going to town by car.
B. My family is not used to going to town by car.
C. My family used to go to town by car.
D. My family didn’t use to go into town by car.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
29. He wanted to give the ball a powerful kick. He used the top of his foot.
A. He gave the ball a powerful kick to use the top of his foot.
B. Using the top of his foot, he kicked a powerful ball.
C. What he wants to do is give the ball a powerful kick and use the top of his foot.
D. He used the top of his foot to give the ball a powerful kick.
30. We didn’t want to swim in the river. It looked very dirty.
A. We didn’t want to swim in the river, where looked very dirty.
B. We didn’t want to swim in the river, which looked very dirty.
C. We didn’t want to swim in the river, in which looked very dirty.
D. We didn’t want to swim in the river, that looked very dirty.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 31 to 35.Fashioning Goes High-Tech
Fashion is no longer something that is just made of cloth or leather. These days it has become something that needs batteries and is often connected to the Internet. When it comes to high-tech fashion, it might be (31) _________ to your wrist or resting on the bridge of your nose, and it is doing a lot more than just (32) _________ you look stylish.
Google was one of the first to burst on the scene with a fashionable item that was also very (33) _________. Google Glass, which looks like glasses, allows wearers to do all sorts of
things, from seeing information in a simple viewer to simply saying out loud, “Take a picture.”
What you are seeing in the picture that will be taken, (34) _________Google Glass heard you
through its microphone and has a built-in camera. If you ask a question, you will (35)
_________ the answer in the tiny screen displayed before one eye. Google Glass uses Bluetooth technology to communicate with a smartphone, so it is not a stand-alone item.
31. A. fastened B. joined C. attached D. placed
32. A. making B. doing C. performing D. causing
33. A. attractive B. functional C. durable D. capable
34. A. therefore B. although C. so D. because
35. A. show B. be shown C. find D. be found
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 42.
The Internet: Changing Everything
Let’s do a little experiment: Take five minutes, and find some information about Angola.
How did you get your information? How much information were you able to get? Chances are,
you probably just went online and typed the word “Angola”. You were probably able to find out all sorts of things. This experiment shows us how useful the Internet is.
Over the last 20 years, the Internet has changed the way that we live, work, and study. The biggest change has been the way that we access information. Twenty years ago, you would have needed an encyclopedia to learn about Angola. If you had wanted information, you would have had to get out of your chair, open your encyclopedia, and look up the word “Angola”. Today all you need is about five seconds and you’ll have the exact same information. This technology makes work a lot faster and more efficient.
It has also made information storage a lot easier and neater. Twenty years ago, offices had papers and files all over the place. If you wanted to find a file, you had to open a desk drawer and find the right piece of paper. Today, many of us keep our files in cloud storage. Cloud storage is a technology that lets people store files on the Internet. All you have to do is to sign into the site, and you can find all of your files in seconds.
Another big change is communication. These days more and more people are working from home. People have “home offices”. They just do their work at their house and e-mail it to their company. It makes life a lot easier.
Some people don’t like these changes. They say that life is too convenient these days, and it is making people lazy. However, most people think that even if this technology makes us a little easier, it still has more benefits than disadvantages. In the end, it doesn’t matter what we think.
The Internet has changed all of our lives forever.
36. If you use cloud storage, where are your files?
A. On the Internet B. In your desk
C. On an airplane D. On your computer
37. Why do some people dislike the changes that have come from the Internet?
A. They think that the Internet makes life too stressful.
B. They think that the Internet makes people too smart.
C. They think that the Internet is too hard to use.
D. They think that the Internet makes people lazy.
38. What does the word “chances” in paragraph 1 mean?
A. Probably B. Probably not C. Definitely D. Definitely not
39. The word “they” in paragraph 5 refers to________.
A. Computers B. People C. Opinions D. Changes
40. All of the following are the benefits of using the Internet in communication EXCEPT
A. people can send e-mail to each other very quickly
B. the Internet can make communication between great distances more convenient
C. the Internet keeps huge amounts of data in cloud storage
D. the social network makes communication more interesting
41. What is another way of saying the last two sentences of the passage?
A. The Internet is changing all the time.
B. The Internet is changing the way that we think.
C. Some people say that they don’t like the Internet, but they actually like it.
D. No matter what we think, the Internet is changing our lives.
42. All of the following can be inferred from the passage EXCEPT that________.
A. encyclopedia was a great source of knowledge
B. some people don’t like the Internet because they are lazy to learn
C. files in an office used to take a lot of space
D. we can get information about any subject by using the Internet
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 43 to 50.
Are Human Beings Getting Smarter?
Do you think you are smarter than your parents or grandparents? According to James Flynn, a professor at a New Zealand university, you might be. Over the course of the last century, IQ test scores of people in some countries have got increasingly better - on average, three points better for every decade that has passed. This trend of improving scores is known as “the Flynn effect,” and scientists want to know what is behind it....
Ghi chú: Mật khẩu giải nén nếu có: sachhoc.com
Thẻ từ khóa: Bộ đề luyện thi THPT Quốc Gia môn tiếng anh năm 2023